Thursday, May 18, 2006

Not pregnant again!

So I spent the entire last weekend checking myself for pregnancy symptoms and driving myself crazy. On Friday I felt soreness in my boobs but not anything major so I kept secretly touching them at work to see whether they felt harder or larger. Good thing no one saw me, otherwise I would have looked like a pervert :) So I would just pretend that I was adjusting my bra and touch my breasts with my wrist or the back of my hand. Weird, I know, things we pregnancy-obsessed people do.

On Saturday my boobs were back to normal but so I lost any hope of being pregnant but them on Sunday I felt super tired the whole day and felt like I needed a nap the entire day. That got my hopes up and I convinced myself that I was extremely tired and had to go to bed at 10 pm. But I noticed that my discharge had disappeared and I did not have any other symptoms so in the back of my mind I knew it wasn't happening.

So I wasn't too surprised (but still disappointed) when I got my period on Monday. I know we weren’t really trying this month but you can't help but hope for a miracle. Actually, considering I got my period on Monday, means that I ovulated the Monday 2 weeks ago and we did have sex on the Saturday and the Tuesday around that time so I could have gotten pregnant. But no, not this time either. My period came a day early so I guess this means that sometimes I ovulate a little earlier than I think. Anyways, I'm a little tired of this whole ovulation predicting, sex on command thing. I wish I had a magic wand that would make me get pregnant right away.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel me and my hubby have been trying for, well it i'll be 11 months this month I was due on yesterday. My periods are all over the place and every month I've done a pregnancy test and tried numerous ovulating kits with no avail. I've prepared myself with yet another pregnancy test for tomorrow in the hope it i'll be positive even as i'm saying that I secretly hoping it i'll be positive, but how it goes is I do the test and its negative again and a couple of days after doing the test i'll come on and it i'll be another month of dissapointment. Do I do the test or not Each month I live in hope that i'll look at the test and will go OH MY GOD its happened. lets hope it happens for us who are trying very soon all the best

Anonymous said...

Yes everything you say was me this past week. I feel a little psycho and bi-polar at times. Pleading daily that I can do this. I can take the pregnancy test and if it says no, I can survive. What do you do when you are trying so hard and it doesn't happen. Then, the rest of the world out there who do not care to have a baby can have a one night stand, and next thing you know, they are on the third baby.

Denise said...

I miscarried on the 20th December 07 at 8 weeks pregnant, ever since I’m counting days, minutes and seconds till ovulating and when is my period due. We have been trying today I got my period… I’ve no one that understands how I’m feeling not even my partner. My friends think I’m obsessed and just need to snap out of it. Now I just keep it to myself, crying when no one is around. I know it’s only March but I want to press pause on life till I’m 8 weeks pregnant again. I’m even worried that the person I’ve turned into is making my partner think if I’m the person he wants to be with?? What do I do?

Anonymous said...

Yeah definately know how you feel, I misscarried 3 months ago and so we've been trying eva since but just got my period today so pissed off and upset....I feel like I've got nobody to talk to as my best mates all have babies and i feel like i'm bothering them with my worries!! I feel like I'm going crazy...i've been such a bitch to my husband, mum and sis......don't know how much more my husband can take...i'm not a very nice person at the mo! everything just seems so pointless without a baby....x

Anonymous said...

I miscarried last May (2009). I found out I was pregnant Mothers Day and then miscarried on my 5th anniversary. It could have been a chemical pregnancy, but when you've been ACTIVELY trying for a year and a half, a positive sign means the world. I've been doing the same thing, timing, the kits, gels, etc but to no avail. Family members and close friends have gotten pregnant and even those that didn't even want anymore kids. I"m really happy for them but it's so hard to be cheery when inside you're heart is aching to get pregnant too. ARGH! In September it'll be 2 years of trying. I sometimes think...It's just not meant to be.

Anonymous said...

My Husband and I have been trying for 15 months, I had a miscarriage back in March. I know completely how you feel. This month I was four days late, so the hope was rising and rising. Then of course this morning my period came! For the first time I bawled when it showed up. Your body can definitely play cruel tricks on you.
And really if one more person tells me don't worry it will happen I might just snap. You really do become bipolar and a little unhinged with this whole trying to conceive thing. The other saying I hate the most is just stop trying.. that is not possible. Anyway just a note to say you're not alone. And to thank you for this blog, because it really helps other people who are going through the same thing.

Anonymous said...

Hi all,
Just think that you are not alone. I myself have been trying for 10 months. I have been very obsessed with getting pregnant. Others around me seem to just kiss their partner and fall pregnant. I found out I do not ovulate every month due to PCOS, and have tried Chinese medicine and clomid. Today I got my period after the first month of clomid and I have been a complete mess. I feel alone, but I do have my family there for me. I think we all need to breath a minute and think that this years end will be the new beginning and need to include our husbands in this. To the husbands out there you just need to listen to us and not tell us that everything will be alright. We are sad now and need to cry it out. Just be there there for us.
Best of luck to all.