Thursday, March 23, 2006

How it all started...

My husband and I met 10 years ago when I was a freshman and he was a senior in college and have been together ever since. We have lived together for 7 years and got married in 2003. We both love to travel and we used to spend all of our money on trips and having fun and even thought we both wanted to have kids at some point we never really gave it much thought until a year ago when a couple of our friends had the first baby in our group of friends and I we started helping them out by baby-sitting a few times a month. The little baby girl was so cute and sweet and innocent and we both loved playing with her so one day we just looked at each other and we knew we were ready.

I'm 28 and he's 34, we both don't smoke or drink and we lead healthy lifestyles, so figured we can get pregnant very easy. My work ionvolves a lot of travel and I had planned everything so that I will finish all of my travels before the summer, then get pregnant in the summer, have the baby in the spring and be ready to travel again in the summer of 2006.

Well, after so many of years of trying not to get pregnant and worrying about every day that my period was late, it turned out it's not that easy to get pregnant. Who would have thought that getting pregnant would be the hardest thing we've ever done! Both of us being Type A personalities, big on planning and on getting things done quickly, this whole process has been nerve-wrecking and full of anxiety.

No comments: