Thursday, March 23, 2006

July

We started trying to get pregnant in July'05 after we came back from a long vacation. I am very scared of flying and I take lots of anxiety pills every time I fly so that's why I wanted to come back from vacation before we started, just in case I got pregnant while there and then could not take my pills.

Everything was just so exciting for us! For the first time in our 10 year relationship (we got together when I was only 18) we could have sex without any protection so we tool advantage of this and had lots and lots of sex. I had not taken birth control pills for at least 3 years before that, I was young and healthy and I was convinced that I can get pregnant right away.

I got on the Internet and searched for clues of very early pregnancy. A week before my period was due I became very aware of my body checking myslef for sore breasts, nausea, cramps, etc. but did not really feel anything out of the ordinary.

Then I found out about implantation bleeding and began checking my underwear daily just to see whether I had any spotting. I even started wearing only bright clored underwear (no black) so I could check for blood.

As it got closer to the date my period was due I grew anxious with every day as I had no symptoms at all. One night, while watching TV I felt some moisture and ran to the bathroom and found a drop of blood on my underwear, which I thought was implantation bleeding so I jumped with joy.

I went to sleep happy only to wake up a few hours later and realize that I'd just gotten my period. I was so disappointed. I could not believe that after so much sex I was not pregnant. Little did I know...

No comments: