Friday, March 24, 2006

March - part 2

Yesterday my friend had her twins! She was scheduled to have them next Thursday but she had gotten so big and she was having difficulty sleeping, moving and pretty much doing anything, so she asked the doctor to move the surgery a week earlier and he agreed. So she had a C-section yesterday and the babies were born - one boy and one girl, 7.3 and 6.3 lbs. I couldn't wait to see them so my husband and I went to the hospital last night and they had just brought the babies to her room and they were so cute. The boy has chubby little cheeks and the girl is slender and with lots of hair, they don’t really look alike that much. They are so tiny that when she handed me one of them and I almost panicked. She told me not to worry, that they won't break but their little heads were just so small... She was recovering pretty well from the surgery and said that everything went fine, wasn't scary at all. It was weird seeing her with the two babies when I saw her just a couple of days ago with a big tummy...what a miracle!

It made me feel even more how much I wanted to have a baby of my own!

No comments: